Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Monet...

Ok, this post will probably bore all of you, but I've been thinking about Monet a lot lately. And as an art major I feel as if this blog needs to reflect my life a little bit and I have never talked about art... something I love. But I love Monet, mainly because I have two prints of his work hanging in my room that I can see, and he might possibly be one of my favorite artists.



Impressionist Sunrise... This basically started the impressionist movement. Which I love. Impressionism just breaks rules and I think that's why i like it. I get sick of artists following the rules and drawing/painting exactly what they see. Monet drew what he saw, but he knew that the sunrise didn't last... and he couldn't draw that exactly. If that makes sense. So it was his impression of a sunrise...quick brushstrokes and just a very quickly painted work. I love it. It's gorgeous. Obviously there are no straight detailed lines in a sunrise, so he didn't put that. LOVE IT!!! I just love Monet. Here are some more of his works...



I love the colors in this one... gorgeous again... and again I love the quick brushstrokes...



Another one of his gorgeous works...


So I hope you enjoyed and maybe these works made you smile.,.... because they make me smile a lot. :)
Have a great day today. :)

Kristi

Let me know who your favorite artist is and why!!!!

Comments:
I like Monet... those are good pictures and I'm sure they look perfect in your room! I need to see it... I was just over the other night and I didn't even look. Silly me. I was a frazzle at that point.

Monet does break rules, and I like his loose style and the color palette he uses.

Anyway, as much art history that I have been through, I don't really know who my favorite artist is. If you forced me to choose, I'd say my sister, Tonya. Her artwork ranges from unique to spunky to beautiful.

Ok, she's my #2 favorite artist. My #1 favorite artist is God. HE created everything that is beautiful in this world.


T

p.s. It wasn't boring... it was about one of your interests, and you were very informative while keeping it short enough so it didn't drag. And the pictures were a good element.
 
God is an amazing artist... I always think of that when I hear Chris Tomlin's song Indescribable. When I hear it on my way to school, I always really appreciate everything around me and it all is so gorgeous. I like that.... God is an artist. Thanks Taryn. :)
 
i'm not into art enough to pick a favorite. when i was in france, however, i was fortunate to visit the city of arles where the famous vincent van gogh painted many scenery works. very cool. the city set up a replica of each painting right where he actually painted it from. you could look at the painting and then look at the scenery and they matched!

a few notable ones were "La Maison Jaune" or "The Yellow House" in which he lived and "Le Cafe Le Soir" or "A Sidewalk Cafe at Night" which is pretty famous.
 
I like Monet a lot too! I have two different Monet prints on my wall. :)

I am also a fan of Degas- I love his Ballet dancers and the motion, color, and emotions that are in his paintings.

Millet and Jules Breton are up there too. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?