Saturday, September 03, 2005

Update...

I know it had been forever since I have posted and now I'm going to try and keep up. But I guess it's a good thing that I haven't been on because that means I have been using my time more wisely then sitting on the computer blogging all day I guess. I actually do my homework this year and go to class... I know it would suprise you all that I usually don't do that kind of thing, but I do this year. And I'm having a blast in my classes actually...except Music Appreciation because it is not in the least bit cool. I play the violin, so sitting and learning what a scale is bores me out of my mind. Oh well, it's required. Black and White Photography is going to be the best class ever. I love taking pictures and developing the film in the dark room. It's so cool to see a piece of paper with NOTHING on it turn into a picture...sometimes with tons of detail and color. I think's it's pretty cool. Then Typography is going to be boring but at least I'll be doing stuff I love. It's basically just a graphic design class...right up my alley, and my teacher is the greatest. She knows that it's a boring class doing easy stuff so we just hang out the whole class period annnnnd she helped me with our business. I learned of this very cool room at Bradley called the PRINTING ROOM where I can take all of Taryn and I's business stuff to be printed. Fun! ANNNDDD my teacher kind of got me an internship which was so a Godthing because I was kind of looking for something to do on campus but I wasn't looking very hard because while i'm on campus I'm always so busy. This teacher, while I was in the printing room with her, and I talked for awhile, then when I showed up in class that day she was like... I think you should go to Pam...a lady in the art building...and get this internship. soo cool because I was looking but not that hard and this kind of just fell into place. So I went over to Pam and she was so excited because I guess she was kind of getting desperate for someone because she couldnt' find anyone. So it was perfect. I'm excited.
Back to my classes... then I have History of Photography, boring but interesting, Life Drawing...AHHH I DRAW NAKED PEOPLE...NOT FUN. But I definately won't get into that because I could talk about it for hours. And finally orchestra. I love orchestra because I love playing my violin. It's so fun for us all to sit down and just play a gorgeous symphony. Right now we are playing Mozart and I like Mozart so it's fun. And my stand partner is pretty cool, so we sit and talk the whole time.

Time... I need more time I've decided. I just don't have time to do something that I really like to do. Like this year I would like to go to Worship@fullvolume because it's such an AWESOME (and look Taryn I used awesome right) experience. I love praising God with all these people on campus who are like me. I think it gets hard sometimes at a college campus ecspecially when you don't have many friends there, and the ones you do have drink a lot and live a life not like me. Because I look around and feel like I'm the only one there who is different and who doesn't live a lifestyle like I do. And it makes you feel really different. But when you go to things like worship@fullvolume, I remember...oh yeah there are other christians on campus and I'm not alone in this on campus. I can make friends who are like me. And speaking of that I have. It's so cool how God works at school sometimes because I was really worried about who I was going to be with at school and last year there was this other photography major and she is a christian. I was hoping I would see her a lot because she's so fun to be with. I got to all my classes and she is in all but like one or two...which is amazing how that worked out because these classes are offered a couple times. So wow another Godthing.

Ok, I think I have wrote enough for today. And, Luke, it was within the three day time slot you gave me to post... so I am still officially a blogger aren't I?

And I need to make an addition to my last post... Scott ate potato soup with Taryn and I at Ashley's.

Bye!!!
Kristi

Comments:
Great post, Kristi! I miss going to Bradley Praise & Worship with you and doing the power points... I'll come some Monday night and go with you.

It IS kind of bizarre sometimes on campus... sometimes I feel that way, too. But I guess that just opens up more opportunity to shine our Light :-) and it's encouraging when God gives us other Christian friends to be with.

T
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?