Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Blogging Cont...

Ok my last post had perfect timing. Tonight at Wednesday Church, Wayne Banwart from Champaign talked about the internet and the media. Ok and it went perfectly along with this whole blogging issue. I think it is sooo funny that some people are so "loyal" to their blogs. Well, you loyal people, there is a disorder that you may have. it's called IAD, also known as INTERNET ADDICTION DISORDER. It is an actual disorder that can be diagnosed!!! It's not make-believe. So beware. Wayne also talked about the time that we are putting into the internet. Time is very valuable he said and we need to redeem it for it to be worth something. He compared it to a coupon and said that a coupon is worth nothing (obviously because it's a piece of paper) if it's not REDEEMED. We need to treat our time the same way and redeem it with things that will be of value to us. So is blogging of value?? Should we be spending hour after hour checking our blog and our friends blogs? Is it a waste of time or is it a valuable use of our time. Thoughts to ponder. Wayne also was talking about the internet at work. Lots of us have jobs that require us to be on the internet or near the computer. He said we need to make sure we are not spending that time, our work time, doing other things, maybe like blogging, while we are at work during that time. I don't know just another thought because I sure get caught up in the internet and it's a nice reminder sometimes to remember the internet should not take up all of our time.

Moving on...


I'm staying at Taryn's house this week while her parents are gone and I have to say, she is not fun to spend the night with really. She is quite the cuddler. She confuses me for her pillow and things were not pretty. I wake up to find her arms around me. Now, I know she loves me, but holding me during the night, i just don't know. So we woke up this morning, and what does she say to me, she says "Kristi, I think I woke up and I was really close to you because I confused you with my pillow." Do I look like a pillow or even feel like a pillow, I think not but whatever. And her house is a sauna. I just sweat every second because there is no air conditioning, at least that's what I think. I keep asking her to turn the air up but she doesn't. So I woke up every hour just sweating in the sauna. Hopefully tonight will go better.

Taryn just checked my post to make sure it was postable and not embarassing for her, and she started crying. She is sitting over at her computer with tears in her eyes. Some days I wonder about her.

Well, It's night two of the Taryn and Kristi living together and I need to go to bed because I'm tired. Goodnight all and wish me luck in the cuddling sauna household.

Kristi

Comments:
Things to add:
1. The message tonight at Wed. night church WAS good and convicting. I know that I definitely waste a lotta time online. I decided that before I even touch my mac every day, I am going to get devotions done first.
Prioritize.

2. Yes, I do cuddle in my sleep. Kristi... I'M SORRY. But you have had plenty of fair warnings from others...
I'm used to sleeping smack dab in the middle of my bed with tons of pillows surrounding me.

3. My house is a sauna, yeah, especially my room. We'll turn up the air tonight.

4. I did cry after reading Kristi's post... from laughing so hard! Funny, funny...

5. Notice how Kristi's posts are getting longer... I'm teaching her well.

T
 
Response to 5:
This is slightly ironic since the longest post Kristi did was in reference to not blogging so much. :D

Response to 3:
Kristi, you have my sympathy. I like to sleep with the temperature somewhere around 32 degrees or so with lots of blankets and pillows.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?